Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24
25 26 27 28

No calendar events were found.

Allies & Supporters

Tranz4mations encourages everyone to support organisations that support Gender Diversity.

Author Topic: Mismanagement of the Positive Bequests by WAAC???  (Read 95 times)

Mary-Jane

• Operations Director
  • Administrator
  • I'm only here to help!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abbeyoftheblackswan.org
Mismanagement of the Positive Bequests by WAAC???
« on: February 14, 2018, 02:00:37 PM »

Mismanagement of the Positive Bequests by WA AIDS Council (WAAC)???

Dear [Name Redacted]

So the document is clear on the process that is required for the funds to be released - NO mention about accessing the funds through goodwill.  Which I am lead to believe is what WAAC have been doing.

Also, the dollar amount that can be accessed is $3k, not the $5k they have been drawing down.  On that, what does the $5k get used for, are receipts provided to the auditors?  Is there transparency in what WAAC do with these funds? 

Lisa Tomney as repeatedly (over the years I have been involved as a NAPWA Rep) advised of a so-called 'project plan' that was done annually to gain access to the funds - this is a LIE and the board of POWA are now aware of this.

I'm leaving this with the POWA to deal with, as a community member I have a right to ask for advocacy on the behalf of the bequests and the calling to account the mismanagement of these funds.

POWA are aware of the mismanagement and will be complicit in this mismanagement if NO action is undertaken.

I have cc'd in local media and members of the PLHIV community as I believe the PLHIV community have a right to hear about this matter. 

Kind regards

[Name Redacted]

Editor's Note:
It is extremely disappointing that once again members of the Positive Community are whistle blowing scandals relating to the WA AIDS Council. Over the years we have seen protests about cuts to Services for Gay Positive Men, Cover-ups of Allegations of Branch Stacking carried out at Board Level, Allegations of inappropriate Sexual Relationships between staff and clients including one that alleged that drugs were being supplied by the former deceased CEO, Rumours of Bequest Mismanagement including using the Gay Bequest to pay for laptops for Heterosexuals and allegations of WAAC using another bequest's funds to pay for office furniture and staff catering!

Given that the WA AIDS Council receives approximately $2 million of Tax Payer funds it is very disappointing that the Western Australian ALP and Liberal/National Government's have failed to heed the many calls from Concerned Members of the Community for a root and branch review/Audit to ensure that monies collected by WAAC and Services are being provided without mismanagement and without discrimination. Unless this is done then how can the community really trust that the Agency is not just anther clique running a glorified slush fund to help a small group of Controllers?

Sister Mary-Jane Singleton of the Divine Green Weed, Senior Sister (SS) and Mother's Little Helper for the Order of Perpetual Indulgence of the Abbey of the Black Swan Perth.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:04:43 PM by Mary-Jane »
Conflict of Interest Statement: Mary-Jane is Editor of Perth Gay News and The Media Annuncio of the Perth Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence of the Abbey of the Black Swan.

Tranz4mations :: Bringing the Gender Diverse Community Together

Mismanagement of the Positive Bequests by WAAC???
« on: February 14, 2018, 02:00:37 PM »