June 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Allies & Supporters

Tranz4mations encourages everyone to support organisations that support Gender Diversity.

Author Topic: Update From Bettina Arndt Feb 2018  (Read 145 times)   

Mary-Jane

• Operations Director
  • Administrator
  • I'm only here to help!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abbeyoftheblackswan.org
Update From Bettina Arndt Feb 2018
« on: March 11, 2018, 07:54:56 PM »
Hi Everyone, I am back from my travels and very busy preparing for my interview with Jordan Peterson later this week. Yeah!

But I wanted to introduce you all to a good friend, Augusto Zimmermann. Some of you may know him from his speech at the International Men’s Issues Conference last year (ICMI 2017

Augusto is a former Law Reform Commissioner for Western Australia. He’s a professor, an academic lawyer who has won many awards for his research and teaching. He spent ten years at Murdoch University, including a period as Associate Dean of the law school.

For the last few years this brave man has been speaking out against changes to the domestic violence laws in his state and also the role of AVO’s in family law battles.

Late last year he left Murdoch after finding himself increasingly uncomfortable about the feminist agenda being promoted in the law school. The new goal of the school is to promote social justice and particularly to support the role and legal standing of women. What a crazy way to train new lawyers.

My new video is a skyped chat with Augusto about all this. Here it is: . Please help me circulate this.

For those watching the video who want to learn more about the courageous stance he is taking on these issues, I will include a few links to articles he has written on domestic violence laws and family law:

https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2017/11/reform-family-law-act-protect-innocent/ Reform the Family Law Act to Protect the Innocent, Quadrant Magazine, Volume LXI, Number 11, No 541, October 2017.

https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2016/11/menace-family-violence-order/ The Menace of Family Violence Order, Quadrant Magazine, Volume LX, Number 10, November 2016,

And here are details of his new academic position at Sheridan College.

Finally, some news about another important issue – a Sydney seminar about male suicide.

Please see attached an invitation to a one-day symposium in Sydney on March 23:

Can Australia’s suicide rates be lowered?
A Situational Approach to Suicide Prevention

The symposium will be opened by the Hon Brad Hazzard, NSW Minister of Health and Minster for Medical Research and will be held at the Parramatta Campus of WSU.

The Symposium is open to health workers, social workers, community workers, academics, researchers, teachers, relevant industries and the general community who have a driving interest in suicide prevention. Admission is free.

Until next time,  Tina
Conflict of Interest Statement: Mary-Jane is Editor of Perth Gay News and The Media Annuncio of the Perth Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence of the Abbey of the Black Swan.

Tranz4mations :: Bringing the Gender Diverse Community Together

Update From Bettina Arndt Feb 2018
« on: March 11, 2018, 07:54:56 PM »