Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Allies & Supporters

Tranz4mations encourages everyone to support organisations that support Gender Diversity.

Author Topic: Parting with my Sex Book  (Read 171 times)

Mary-Jane

• Operations Director & Education & Health Spokesperson.
  • Administrator
  • I'm only here to help!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abbeyoftheblackswan.org
Parting with my Sex Book
« on: July 11, 2018, 09:28:03 PM »
Parting with my sex: cross-dressing, inversion and sexuality in Australian cultural life
Lucy Chesser
Sydney University Press $39.95
ISBN: 9781920898311

In this original and unusual work, Lucy Chesser explores the persistent recurrence of cross-dressing and gender inversion within Australian cultural life. Examples of cross-dressing are to be found in almost every area of Australian historical enquiry, including Aboriginal-European relations and conflict, convict societies, the goldrushes, bushranging, the 1890s and its nationalist fiction, and World War One.

The book compares and contrasts sustained life-long impersonations where women lived, worked and sometimes married as men, with other forms of cross-dressing such as public masquerades, cross-dressing on the stage, and the prosecution of men who sought sexual encounters while disguised as women.

Definition of Hats aka "Conflict of Interest" Statement: Mary-Jane is Editor of Perth Gay News, The Media Annuncio of the Perth Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence of the Abbey of the Black Swan & Editor @ HIV Institute of WA.

#Twitter @AbbeyBlackSwan1

Tranz4mations :: Bringing the Gender Diverse Community Together

Parting with my Sex Book
« on: July 11, 2018, 09:28:03 PM »